Monday, October 27, 2008

Remember me?

Gosh! Has it really been that long since I posted here – the time has absolutely flown by. Things have been really busy and I have been very touched by all the people who have stopped by and asked for copies of the instructions for the Christmas Planner. I hope you are all enjoying making them.

I have been busy working on a couple of projects that I can’t share yet – it’s all very exciting and I am looking forward to sharing them with you later this week. I spent Friday evening with a lovely group of girlies who were new to stamping *waves to them all * we laughed lots as we made cards and calorie free cupcakes. Don’t forget the Birthday Stamp Special offer only runs until the end of the month so if you are thinking of ordering – contact me NOW – I would hate you to miss out. Yesterday I spent the afternoon with some other Stampin’ Up! Demo’s from the Midlands. What a smashing bunch they are. We made all sorts of things. I will share some pictures of these creations soon.

The picture at the top of this post is something I have wanted to make since I saw something similar on another blog. This would make a lovely Christmas Pressie for a friend and it was fun to make. I used Bashful Blue and Chocolate Chip - I love blue and brown together. I took a strip of Bashful Blue Card and stamped the flower from the Season of Joy Stamp with Versamark Ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder. I then rubbed Chocolate Chip ink all over the panel in small circular movements. I love the texture this gives, shiny blue flowers on a background that reminds me of suede. I then mounted this on Bashful Blue card. I also added the word friendship from the Wonderful Words Stamp Set stamped in Chocolate Chip. A quick scalloped edge and some Double Stitched Chocolate Chip Ribbon with a layer of Bashful Blue Taffeta Ribbon on top and a length of Chocolate Chip ribbon and it was ready to put in the frame. The finished picture is 14cm square.

To finish here are a couple of quick snaps of a set of invite cards I made to cheer a friend up. Again this idea would make a lovely personal low cost Christmas gift. The invitations could be for anything – going for a walk together, sharing a cup of coffee or something more adventurous if you want! I often treat my other half to tickets to the show of his choice and this would make an interesting way of presenting it.
Back with more exciting things later this week

Happy Crafting

Bekka

1 comment:

Need More Time to Craft said...

Gosh Bekka, That looks beautiful in the blue colour. Love it.
Carole x