Friday, December 11, 2009

Capturing my Christmas - December 11th



Tonight Joe, Ed and I went to see St Andrew’s Players production of The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe. I loved that book as a child and the story still thrills me. Joe and I saw the RSC do the fist production of this adaptation what feels like a lifetime ago now. I was so unwell that evening that I don’t remember many details of the show and Joe had to drive me home from Stratford.


It was lovely to see some of our friends and some people I have directed in leading roles. Beth was fantastic as Lucy and has grown so much as an actress since we did Palin’s The Weekend. Jo was lovely as Susan and Francis made a wonderful Mrs Beaver. Yes Joe and Ed did snigger at the inadvertent Beaver jokes. Beth T did a good job as MD and she and the band were certainly kept very busy. This probably was not the best production I have seen recently, the staging was disappointing as was some of the direction and at times it lacked energy and pace, but there were some lovely performances and it was good to reconnect with a favourite story from my childhood. 

Thanks for stopping by

Bekka

No comments: