Monday, December 14, 2009

Capturing my Christmas - December 14th

I have never really understood why I dislike Christmas Shopping but I do.  I love finding the perfect gift for people and I love to see their faces when they unwrap it and I have found them something that thrills them. The shopping is however another matter, maybe it’s the crowds, maybe it’s the pressure or maybe it’s the changes in what the shops stock.

Today was Christmas Shopping Day, I had hoped that Milton Keynes would not be too busy but there were plenty of people with the same idea as me. Armed with the list off I went. I was disappointed with the decorations in the shopping centre, basically there were almost none so they did nothing to get me in the mood. The trip was reasonably successful and I made good progress through the to buy list, there is still however lots on the to make list!

This was my favourite part of the trip


On the way home I called into Boarders, I am so sad it is closing down. My first ever Boarders visit was in Seattle and I remember clearly how clearly thrilled I was when the Oxford store opened. It was one of my favourite places to go on a Sunday afternoon. The one in Milton Keynes has also been a regular hang out and I will miss not only the books but also the great coffee and conversations I have shared there.

Thanks for stopping by

Bekka

No comments: