Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Capturing my Christmas - December 2nd


When I think about Christmas I imagine a wonderful layer of magical snow. I don’t know why as I am not sure I have ever experienced a Christmas like that, so I guess it’s just wishful thinking. It seems to be a collective memory harking back to Dickensian times when we really were in the middle of a mini ice age and Christmas really was snowy.


In reality now the weather if often mild, often damp and generally not too extreme, mind you that is probably a good thing since I usually end up driving for at least a couple of hours! Today the cold snap that started yesterday reverted to rain and lots of it. There has been a lot of rain in the UK recently and many unfortunate people still suffering as the rest of us get ready for Christmas. Looking at the weather forecasts it looks like we are set for a wet December too.

Thanks for stopping by
 
Bekka

No comments: